Friday, January 13, 2012

Satisfied!

Cosfest X.2
25th,26th Feb 2012
said to be a continuation of Cosfest X.1 which was on mid last year, would be going for this if I'm able to book out of army camp. More details over at their fb page.
Similarly, Cosfest 2012 will be still held either in June/July this year so I'll be looking forward to that as well :)

had completed the re-sketch of Rin&Len Append vers. just days ago and here's the result:


P.S. got myself a new logo too! :)

attempted to used a HB pencil and a 2B pencil to shade but it didn't turn out that well, so I reverted back to 2B mechanical pencil which still works its magic as well as ever. It didn't turn out to be as well as I had expected but personally I felt that it was quite decent too. I had actually measured the proportion quite accurately so that I could actually fit both Rin and Len in it but somehow along midway, Rin got larger (lol) and then abit of the picture had to be cut off.

Had spotted the original illustration over at konachan and it was really fantastic, and possibly due to its complexity, it spurred me on to do a re-sketch for it. Currently I'm still no good over the shadings and shadows so original illustrations are quite out of the question for now, and hence I'm still practising with re-sketches that are improving in terms of speed and quality over time. Perhaps I should do one original soon :D Overall, this piece of artwork is really rather complex. Firstly, its not a common 2 shade thing like how it turns out to be for Black Rock Shooter, it is all colourful, yellow bands, black buckles, green shades etc etc and having to fit them all into black and white really isn't easy. I had initially postponed the shading since I was afraid I would screw it up and then decided to continue when I got a rough idea over it. Secondly, it's not easy to get 2 different interacting individuals drawn in the same picture. Proportion becomes a great problem which resulted in me redrawing half of Len and the shading was off, redo-ing it was a hassle too. Lastly, there were translucent sleeves in the original illustration that made it super hard to redo it using just a pencil. At least to me. So in the end I finished it up with variable shading over at the sleeve and then using the eraser to smudge over the rest of the picture to attempt to remove the scar lines of the shadings but it still didn't turn out to be as smooth as the previous BRS RS. oh well. moving on to a next re-sketch soon, or probably a very 1st original :P

started on another new series as well on the current season: Daily Lives of High School Boys.

It's a collab between Sunrise and Square Enix and personally, I do have high expectations for this becoming a comedy slice-of-life.



honestly, this is the 3rd comedy series after Baka test and Arakawa that had actually made me laugh out loud for more than just seconds. all their jokes are really random, lame and downright funny. I can say that it's currently the first series that got me laughing just a minute into the show. *if you've watched it, you'll probably knew which scene I meant* so yup, this would be an addition to the current season watchlist which I really do deem to be much much better than the disappointing 1st season.

And now, I'd like to rant about Guilty Crown, yes, again. After the not-really-anticipated 1hr recap episode which I had just skipped it over, a disappointing follow-up episode was shown. I ain't complaining much on the actions and stuff but the plot development really needs some serious touch-ups. So it begins with Ouma Shu, our main male protagonist, getting all involved with terrorist activities and with uncanny resemblance with Code Geass, there are terrorist fights with the government, some high school life and some world destruction thingy. That was still OK, except the fact that Code Geass took about 2 seasons while Guilty Crown only took 10/11 episodes. So "it isn't that bad, right?". Oh, unfortunately it is. So before the 1hr recap episode had aired, our female protagonist, Inori, gets captured and the terrorist leader Gai, gets seriously injured from protecting Shu. OK. So now the plot deepens and Shu's gonna find a way to save Inori, probably some other method he could find to get to Inori, and perhaps Gai might die and Shu would take over his role and lead the rest of the team to save Inori and the world... WELL that was what I had though, except that this amazing build-up of tension was dissolved in one small episode. Seriously?! .____.
1 episode? That was just TOO FAST. Come on. So all the secrets and mystery about Gai, the unknown girl that Ouma had been seeing in his flashbacks, the origin of Lost Christmas, Inori's origin, Gai's void, ALL GOT FREAKING STUFFED INTO OUR MINDS IN ONE BLOODY EPISODE. Thats too fast of a development. It was a good build up of secrets that I eagerly await for it to be all revealed in a nice pace, but all hopes were lost in the lastest episode 12. I'm not sure if I'm still gonna follow this series but this has got to be the most disappointing show I've ever watched after been awed by their opening episodes. Bad bad bad.

So here's another rather nice MV made too:
P.S. the song's great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment