Friday, January 6, 2012

First Week of 2012

It has been about one week since my last entry, well, nothing much did happen in this 1st week of the new year, just a couple of recovery days at home and a couple of outdoor cycling :)

Sadly for this week, there aren't any new anime episodes (for series that I'm following) being released as this is the new year week, so possibly new series such as Kisemonogatari, BRS and Kyousogiga might come soon most probably in the next week. So for the anime series of the previous season, it was actually a rather disappointing season after all. Looking at the rather horrible conclusions of C3 and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, and also the still ongoing Guilty Crown and Last Exile, they were all actually disappointing. Last Exile had a few good episodes but by a few, I really do meant a few. The "feel" of how Last Exile should be seems to be lost in this new sequel with much more plot developments (which are rather bland), and less Last Exile style combat which I dearly miss. Guilty Crown had kicked back with a 1hr recap episode which IMO, is: WUT?!... The plot was good but the developments ain't good at all, it just feels that the 1st few episodes of Guilty Crown were actually the best and the deterioration had continued till now. I would not be dropping this 2 series until they really reach a point of no return so I really do hope the series would buck up much much more.

Re-read through my completed collection of Puella Magi Madoka Magica's manga adaptation and it actually did follow the anime itself quite closely.


It was a short and sweet 3 volumes, with 4 chapters each, with each chapter covering exactly one episode. The major difference I could actually see was that the manga depicted the series much much more darker than it actually was with more violence and gore. With reference to Mami's death, the manga had actually showed the aftermath of her demise which was ignored by the anime itself and also with Kyouko's fight with Octavia (Sayaka's witch form), she was stabbed through.. yea, THROUGH, by Octavia's sword and was all beaten up before joining Sayaka in the end. What I actually do like about the manga was the small extra pages at the back that depicted a scene not shown in the actual anime, where Madoka and Homura reaffirms their friendship. It was short but a very sweet ending to such wonderful series.

As reviewed by many, "Madoka Magica really re-defines the Magical Girl series and if you had gave the series a miss due to it being a magical girl show, it is truly a mistake"

Leaving that aside, I won't be actually enjoying much of the new series of the new season since I'm enlisting in NS on early Feb so I'll continue to update here when I have spare time. More about the slowdown of entries would be disclosed when my enlistment arrives. :)

So in this brand new year, I was "rewarded" with a sore throat on the very 1st day of 2012. Had stayed indoors for the 1st few days of the week too and after much recovery, out I go to hit the sun!

So armed with sunblock, me and my friends went on a long distance biking journey from Pasir Ris to Waterway @ Punggol. In the afternoon, the strength of the sun was clearly deadly and after the previous long distance trip to ECP which led to a rather bad sunburn, a lesson was learnt (for me) to actually be equipped with a layer of sunburn. So OFF we go to out destination which actually took about more than an hour, after some stops here and there to look at the scenery WHICH is actually quite good. The connector, I believe, was just made ready since we do spot some little constructions here and there and also it looked really brand new. The previous time we actually went there, the path wasn't ready so this time, it was.

And here are some photos I took along the connector and stuff, with a handphone cam, so the quality wouldn't be that good:












It was all hot and glaring but it was great overall, which all the slacking and chatting and playing etc, that's what I really do call a holiday :)

Yesterday had been a rather happy day for me, good start of the year perhaps? :D

Had just received a gift from a friend yesterday which I am honestly elated and surprised as well. I was genuinely surprised when he told me he got me a gift from his Japan trip as I really didn't expect it at all. I was like "WOW... a first imported thing direct from Japan!!!" Yea, it was a "thing" since he kept me in the dark on what it actually was and I was expecting something like a souvenir or some sort which I would appreciate equally but after he handed me the gift yesterday, the 2nd level of surprise came in:

this:

I was honestly kinda speechless when I first saw this as I honestly wasn't expecting this at all. Talk about a pleasant surprise! :))) Really really really thanks ALOT dude! :D Arigatou yo!

So this has officially become my very 1st PVC that I actually own (of about this scale), and due to the lack of a proper storage place, it shall remain in the package until I find one. HAPPY :)

Well, the rest of the day was another slacking session around the park, missing a "would-be-fun" low tide and continued spending the time at the cafe there, which is a familiar spot for us too :)

OK. Enlistment's coming up, new seasons arriving, re-sketch is not done, left aside as I really do not know how to shade using only a pencil, restarted learning some songs on the guitar, so far progressing quite smoothly and Life's Great now :D

Mami Kawada - Jellyfish (with video from Index, which the song was used as an insert)



I want to meet
I want to believe
I want to touch it
I...

shinkai o samayou kage
kyoufu to mayoi to saigishin
sotto kasa o hirogeta
kokoro kakushiteru jellyfish

tesaguri de ou yume
yukue sura shiranu mama
ten to chi mo miushinai
hikari no michi sasu hou e

ai saretai to negai
ai suru koto osoreta
konna ni mo itooshii no ni
kimi wa shinjitetai

shinjitsu ga aimai ni
kawatteshimau kurai nara
nannimo shiru koto nai
hikari mo todokanu hou e

I want to meet
I want to believe
I want to touch it
I...

No comments:

Post a Comment