Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014!

Its the time of the year again, saying goodbye to 2013 and ushering in the new year of 2014!

Looking back, this has been an exciting year, many many events that happened, going for an overseas exercise after like so long since I last went overseas and most importantly, this was the year that marked the end of my near 2 years of national service :)

2013 was the year that for the first time, I experienced a community event or I would say, social event that was organised by a voluntary group StandUpforSG.


That was the time where I actually felt the whole community spirit over there and of course, not forgetting all those small interactions that make everyone of us feel even more "Singaporean"

And of course not forgetting all those outings and chalets I had with my army buddies :D Only a month has passed since we ORDed, but I really miss the time spent with everyone :X

From chalet...


to many many outings...




and Australia...


and finally, ORD lo!


although it has only been a short nearly 2 years spending time with everyone, I will always remember all those fun times we had, both local and overseas, it has been really really enjoyable being together :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 year after the BMT graduation, this year marks the time to go on the same route as our graduation march of 24km, but this time, on bicycles instead :)


even on bikes, this route is really looooong D: by far, this has been the longest ride I've ever rode on my bicycle and yea, going there is one thing, can't forget that we have to go all the way back to the start once again! :/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and of course the most memorable anime convention was still AFA 2013. I mean, this would definitely be the main since it's in Singapore unless of course if I went for Comiket instead, but that just isn't possible... for now :D

So for this year, AFA 2013 is held over 3 full days, including concert and event hall itself. Took on 2 days of Anisong concert watching mainly for livetune, T.M. Revolution and Nana Mizuki, which was her first live in Singapore as well :D Of course, with every year, my spending per AFA increases... got what I was looking for, felt happy, wacked a Kuji, striked an A prize and got even more happy. Things just start getting better haha.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After learning Weiss Schwarz for about a year, 2013 also marks the time where I participated in the first TCG competition. I did played Pokemon and Yugioh TCG before but never competitively and this was really a whole new experience for me.


Got only to round 5, double elimination format... really a pity though but since it's my first time, I guess that result ain't that bad. Will see how I fare in 2014! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year's most notable anime series for me, was definitely Psycho-Pass. That series just outshines all others in the same category. As an original series and a well managed plot, this series has made it's appearance as a featured anime in AFA this year and I would agree that this was one of the best series we had this year. 2013 was however not as strong of a year with their series lineup though, 2012 was better and not forgetting the powerhouses of Steins;Gate and Madoka still lingering in my mind, which was further reinforced by the recent movies of the 2 series, both Rebellion Story and Deja Vu. 2014 does seem promising, with original series appearing here and there and even the April season of 2014 holds some rather good original series as well. Will just leave them for a later date, so for now, Winter season is here, most probably in a week or 2, can't wait for the series to start airing!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's to everyone:

Happy New Year! Wishing everyone all a prosperous year ahead, regardless of work or study, all the best in your exams and future endeavours! Stay healthy and happy! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment