Saturday, November 24, 2012

Gardens by the Bay!

never would I have thought that I'd be visiting this place through a cohesion event in the Army. Unfortunately my camera wasn't with me so it was quite a pity that I couldn't create another photo album for the Gardens.

On picture, the Supertrees seemed to be huge and the interconnecting bridges had also seemed to be long too. However up close and front, they weren't that huge after all, and the bridge wasn't that high too. Perhaps it would be better to head to the Singapore Flyer instead since the MBS already cover like 30% of the 360 degree view. Although we didn't get to enter the domes, they were rather big on site. It seemed like a standalone shopping centre when seen from far.

Didn't really spend much time browsing the garden since I was pretty zombie for the tasks to be completed since I just had duty the day before, but to me, it seems like a more larger and refined Botanic Gardens. Would prefer the botanic gardens IMO, the natural plants and trees there have more feel and with the other animals like squirrels running over at Botanic Gardens, I think it's a better local place to be in. Perhaps the flower domes would be the main attraction over at the Gardens by the Bay but that's not a free entry place so the competition isn't really there.


                                                                awesome day out!

having cut through the MBS hotel to the shopping district, I was really "wow-ed" by the interior of the MBS. It looks really really high class atas hotel... From another POV, it seems like a departure hall for an airport, with lounges and small cafes over at the ground floor. And then at the Marina area, that's when I was surprised to see a large crowd... or isit really a shock... : OH.. kpop people looking at SMTown. That was quite a crowd there. Perhaps I should thank myself that I wasn't a kpop fan or I would most probably have queued and waited like the many others out there. Marina Square was thus flooded with the concert-goers, bad idea to have headed there for lunch. Settled down later at Pizza Hut (guess that's like the 3rd time I've been there?) burnt my wallet and headed home.

Fun days and counting down to christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment